Top 20 home remedies to remove sun tan
By R. Seal
During summer, staying out of the sun without going outdoors is next to impossible , therefore getting a tanned skin is for sure. Despite using sun creams and lotions most of us are left with dull and ugly sun tans on face and uncovered areas of our body that refuse to fade away even after one tries using bleaches and moisturizers.
To get rid of the dark tanned skin, most people prefer easy ways, using chemical based cosmetic products or bleach. But we advise you not to waste money on high priced detanning products when you can remove the nasty tan off your skin by some easy home remedies for tan removal.
So, here we have 20 best home remedial tips to remove sun tan off your beautiful skin and face:
- Gram flour, yoghurt and turmeric face pack: One of the wonder ingredients for face pack is turmeric, therefore, make a paste of gram flour (besan), turmeric powder and yoghurt and apply as a face pack and keep it for around 30 minutes. While gram flour works as a natural scrub and cleanses your skin, yoghurt removes the tan and turmeric helps in bringing back the original color of the skin.
- Potato: Potato, a natural bleach for skin is the most simple remedy to remove tan , dark circles and acne spots from your face. Potato juice or raw cut potato, rubbed on your skin regularly can help you from getting rid of sun tans on your face. You can also use potato juice by mixing it with few drops of lemon juice to get better results.
- Lemon juice: Slice up a lemon and rub it on the tanned areas on your face, keep it for a few minutes before washing it off with fresh water.
- Cucumber, lemon and rose water : In equal quantities mix cucumber juice and lemon juice and add a few drops of rose water and apply on the sun tanned areas of your face and leave it for 10 minutes before washing with water.
- Oats and buttermilk: Oatmeal acts as a natural exfoliator while buttermilk helps you soothe and moisturize your skin, therefore make a face pack of 3 tablespoon of buttermilk and 2 tablespoon of oatmeal and apply it on your face. This natural face pack will not only help you reduce tan from your facial skin but will also remove dead skin cells and blackheads.
- Papaya and honey face pack: Make a fruit pack for your sun tanned face with papaya pulp and honey and apply on your face and let it dry for half an hour and clean your face with fresh water.
- Aloe Vera , red lentil and tomato face pack: Make a face mask with aloe Vera gel, red lentil (masoor dal) paste and tomato juice to help you remove tanning from your face. Red lentil helps to remove tanning, aloe Vera soothes your skin while tomato refreshes your skin and gives you a fair and glowing skin.
- Orange juice and yoghurt : Mix one tablespoon each of orange juice and yoghurt well and apply on your face to help you get back your skin tone and prevents your skin from premature ageing.
- Saffron and fresh cream face pack: Saffron (kesar) is one of the most popular ingredients for glowing fair skin. It also helps in brightening skin tone, removing pimples and acne scars and when added with fresh cream it helps you enrich the beauty of your skin tone even more. Soak overnight some strands of saffron in 2 tablespoons of fresh milk cream and apply on your face the next morning and let it dry for 20 minutes and wash it off with water to see excellent results of tan removal.
- Aloe Vera and multani mitti face pack: Fuller’s earth (multani mitti) has been an age old ingredient from the past for skin care and when mixed with aloe Vera gel helps you get a better skin tone and reduces sun burns, rashes and acne problems from your face.
- Milk powder, honey and almond oil face pack: Mixture of milk powder, honey and almond oil can make a great face pack to enhance the texture of your skin and help you reduce sun tan.
- Sandalwood paste and coconut water pack: Make a thick paste with sandalwood powder and coconut water and apply it on your face and neck to remove skin tan and dead cells.
- Yoghurt and tomato pack: A face pack of yoghurt and tomato puree can make a natural bleach pack and also acts as a moisturizer. The presence of tomato also helps in enriching the skin tone and de-pigmentation and reduces sun tan and dark spots in your facial skin.
- Turmeric and lemon: A mixture of turmeric paste and lemon juice can bring a brightening glow to your skin and helps in reducing sun tan with brilliant results.
- Strawberry and milk cream face pack: One of the most tempting home remedies to remove skin tan is the face pack made with the mixture of fresh strawberry crushes and milk cream. Hold on! Resist your temptation you can always can make a little more mixture to have a scoop once you are done with the face pack.
- Milk and turmeric: Make a mixture of raw milk and turmeric powder and apply on your face and other affected body parts to get a glowing skin as the mixture helps in reducing sunburns and sun tans immensely.
- Dry orange peel and milk mixture: For getting back the fair complexion of your skin, make a paste of dry orange peel powder and milk and apply on your body and leave it for 30 minutes and for better results follow the same process at least twice a week.
- Oatmeal, curd and tomato: For getting rid of your darkened skin due to exposure to sun, make a paste of oatmeal, curd and fresh tomato juice and apply it on your hands and feet and wash it off after 15-20 minutes. Use the same for 2-3 weeks regularly to the affected areas to get back your natural color of skin.
- Salt and lemon scrub: Prepare a natural homemade scrub with lemon and salt to remove the dead cells from your skin. Sprinkle some salt on both sides of a freshly cut lemon and rub it on your hands and feet which will help remove dead skin cells. Lemon acts as a natural bleach for your skin and therefore helps you get a fair and glowing skin.
- Honey, lemon and milk powder: Make a paste of lemon juice, honey and milk powder with the required quantity for your hands and feet. Apply it on your arms and legs on the affected tanned areas and leave it for half an hour and wash it off.
Featured Image source: Makeupandbeautyhome