Sega Genesis – Games, Console
On December 1, 1991, Sega Launched the Mega-CD of Genesis in Japan and on October 15, 1992, the CD was launched in North America. Later on, in 1993, it was released over Europe.
Sega Genesis Original
- The hardware was adapted from 16-bit arcade board.
- For the support of Genesis, two network services were created- Sega Meganet and Sega Channel.
- The microprocessor is a 16/32-bit Motorola 68000 CPU clocked at 7.6 MHz
- The whole Sega Genesis console consists of 72 KB of RAM, 64 KB of video RAM and has the capacity to display 61 colors.
- A radio frequency output port is also provided at the back of the Sega Genesis console.
Sega Genesis Flashback
- 85 built-in games are integrated into it.
- The inclusion of two high performance 2.4GHz wireless controllers was done.
- It also included 720p HDMI output, scanline filtering and save/pause/rewind system for each of the Sega Genesis games.
- The user can add his own games with the help of an optional SD card.
- A built-in rechargeable battery was placed which ensured the ignorance of any kind of disturbance to the fun.
Sega Genesis Classic
- Extremely lightweight and very much easy to carry anywhere.
- A fully-functional top-loading cartridge slot is present in the Sega Genesis classic game console.
- Horizontal Flip Mode was introduced. This means that the user can play the game with the titles horizontally flipped.
- Offline and online multiplayer system enhancements were made.
- It can also be played and plugged into the TV of the user.
System Specifications of Sega Genesis
- Media – ROM cartridge.
- CPU – Motorola 68000 with 7.6MHz.
- Display – Progressive: 320×224 (NTSC) or 320×240 (PAL) pixels, 512 color palette, 61 colors on-screen.
Interlaced: 320×448 (NTSC) or 320×480 (PAL).
- Sound – Yamaha YM2612 Texas Instruments SN76489.
Sega Genesis Games
Following is a list of some of the popular games of Sega Genesis:
- The Sonic Series (Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, and Sonic & Knuckles).
- Earthworm Jim.
- Super Street Fighter 2.
- Mortal Kombat 2.
- Streets of Rage 2.
- Battle toads.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist.
- NBA Jam TE.
- Castlevania: Bloodlines.
- Golden Axe.
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors.
- Battletoads & Double Dragon.
- Double Dragon.
- The Lion King.
- Toejam and Earl.
- Altered Beast.
- X-Men 2: Clone Wars.
- Comix Zone.
- Contra: Hard Corps.
- Ghouls ‘n Ghosts.
- The Revenge of Shinobi.
- Gunstar Heroes.
- Shining Force II.
- System Requirements
The user needs the following system requirements in order to play Sega Genesis:
- CPU: Info.
- RAM: 1 GB.
- OS: Windows XP or higher.
- VIDEO CARD: 32MB or greater graphics card with DX 9.0.. Phantasy Star IV.
Threats to Sega Genesis
There were mainly two threats to the Sega Genesis games. Following were the threats:
- The introduction of Nintendo brought a major threat to Sega Genesis which created a major competition in the market.
- The release of the PC engine created a major downfall in the market of gaming.